Kay Sansom Scholarships
Three awards of $1,000 each and a one-year membership in OADD are available to Ontario students with interests in developmental disabilities. One award is presented in each of three categories:
- medical and/or graduate students,
- undergraduate students and
- community college students.
The Award must be used to pursue a full-time, specific educational goal in a recognized program associated with a professional discipline related to developmental disabilities. It may not be used for travel. Financial need may be considered.
The awards will be presented at the OADD Annual Conference (see this site for conference details)
Requirements for Kay Sansom Scholarship Application
Individuals may apply for this award by providing a formal letter of application accompanied by a CV and two letters of reference.
The letter of application should include:
- Name, address, email address and home community
- Educational institution
- Reason for interest in the field of developmental disabilities
- A brief 1-2 page biography
- A list of achievements/ contributions to the field of developmental disabilities
- Short term educational and professional goals
- Previous education related to the field of developmental disabilities
- Past volunteer or professional experience
- Specific information on how the scholarship will be use
Please attach a CV or resume to the letter. Letters of reference from two individuals familiar with the candidates work in the field of developmental disabilities must be provided. Reference letters and supporting documents must be received by February 1st.
February 1st (annually)